Annual Governance & Accountability Returns
Christleton Parish Council is required to publish the Annual Governance & Accountability Returns on this website and on the village notice boards. The Returns comprise the four document links given below. Each link will open in a new page
Traffic & Road Safety
- The Traffic Working Group (TWG) has made progress with CWAC Highways and are now awaiting costs for a number of proposals being considered.
- Traffic monitoring is continuing throughout September around the busiest areas of the village.
- CWAC Highways will come to the village to test two different options for displacing vehicles through the ‘S’ bends to determine the best one to reduce congestion and safety concerns. Once confirmed, these dates will be shared with the village and local businesses.
- The TWG is continuing to look at other ways of improving traffic and road safety issues in other areas around Christleton
- A full report should be available for November when the Parish Council will undertake a 6-month review of the work of the Traffic Working Group.
Highways Fault Reporting
Community Pride Competition
Sadly 2019 will be the last year that this competition will be held. Their main sponsor ESSAR Oil has pulled of any future sponsorship arrangements, making the running of the competition not financially viable. The Parish Council will be represented at the final awards ceremony in November 2019.
The Parish Council is making enquiries to CWAC to arrange for an Officer to come to talk to the Council and wider community on the possibility of creating a Neighbourhood Plan for Christleton further information will be available in due course.
King George's Fields Trust
- The Trustees are looking for the First Field to be put to better use and to possibly generate some additional income for the Trust. A number of organisations have been contacted to try to generate interest in renting the field on a one-off basis.
- Another suggestion is to look into turning the field into a wildflower meadow – preliminary enquiries are being made as to the feasibility and cost of such a proposal.
Boughton Heath Allotment Colony
All plots are now occupied. When plots become vacant they are offered to those on the waiting list first before they are advertised more widely. To join the waiting list please contact the Clerk
The next combined meeting of King George's Fields Trustees and the Parish Council is on Tuesday the 1st October and 5th November 2019. All meetings are held in the Methodist Church Hall starting at 7.30 p.m.
Pit Group Working Parties are to be held on the Saturday 21st, Wednesday 25th and Saturday 30th September 2019 starting at 9.30 and finishing around 11.30 am